Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ruminating on Summer

With the end of the semester approaching quickly I have allowed myself to begin thinking just a little bit about summer. I will be taking some summer courses that I am pretty stoked about but what I am most excited about is the opportunity to do some summer reading. So here for my last post of the semester I will post a couple books that I am looking forward to reading this summer:

Searching For God Knows What by Donald Miller
A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller
Omoo by Herman Melville
Love Does by Bob Goff
What's So Amazing About Grace? by Philip Yancey
Sound And The Fury by William Faulkner
Mosquitoes by William Faulkner
Soldier's Pay by William Faulkner
Tess of d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
Christianity and Literature by Jeffery and Maillet
Education for Human Flourishing by Spears and Loomis
Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview by Moreland and Craig
A Mango-Shaped Space by Wendy Mass
Autobiography Of My Dead Brother by Walter Dean Myers

.....I guess we will see how far I get in this list...

1 comment:

  1. I like your use of the word 'stoked' it really gets me 'pumped up' and 'excited' for summer break. Anyway, you have a pretty interesting list here Timothy, especially the Faulkner, I know how much you love him. I'll be doing my best to read as much as possible this summer also, especially the Song of Fire and Ice fantasy series that I've told you about. Should be a blast to actually be able to read at a comfortable pace and not feel rushed.

    ReplyDelete